My Data Manager data tracker is one of the best apps to monitor data usage on your Android mobile device, which in turn saves you money. The My Data Manager application monitors your data usage and informs you in a timely manner if you are about to exceed your limit, thus preventing you from spending more money.
Do you need data usage tracker?
The app is designed to track and control network traffic. My Data Manager app monitors data transfer by apps when using the mobile and wireless network, as well as when roaming. If a limit is reached or traffic is exceeded, it alerts the user. So if you’re overspending your mobile traffic every month, you can use this app to determine which of the apps installed on your phone are consuming the most Internet traffic and optimize your usage instead of buying a more expensive data plan.
My Data Manager Review
The app is designed to track and control network traffic. My Data Manager app monitors data transfer by apps when using the mobile and wireless network, as well as when roaming. If a limit is reached or traffic is exceeded, it alerts the user.
You need to provide some authorisations and add your billing plan in order for the programme to work. You need to specify your plan type and billing cycle, data volume and start date of the new cycle. Optionally, you can specify the amount of data spent in the current period for a more accurate accounting of spent traffic. Among other parameters, you set the plan update time, the application and the time interval with non-tariffed traffic. It also takes into account when all unused traffic is carried over to the next period.
In the hidden panel on the left, you will find items with general information and traffic usage statistics for each application. My Data Manager alerts and settings are also displayed there.
My Data Manager features
- Control over data usage. Control mobile traffic, roaming, Wi-Fi network
- Pre-alert option. Activate alerts on approaching traffic overage
- Control over calls and messages. You can control the remaining time and messages for the plan you are using
- Control over applications and programs. You will know the applications and programs that make the most use of the data
- Monitor shared tariffs. Monitor how individual members of your family (or your team) use data when sharing a shared tariff
- Ability to control the use of data on multiple phones
- History allows you to analyze statistics and adjust the choice and use of specific tariff plans
- Significant cash savings. Efficient use of data allows you to optimize the features of your data plan and significantly reduce the amount of money you spend
The minimum Android version to install My Data Manager is 6.0 or higher. The space required for the software is 17 MB. There are no advertisements or paid content.
Advantages and disadvantages of My Data Manager
The main advantages of my data manager are:
- No ads, free to use.
- Traffic accounting in roaming, mobile and wireless networks.
- Viewing of statistics and setting of traffic overrun notification.
- Possibility to specify non-billing time and zero traffic consumption in certain applications.
Main disadvantages of my data manager are:
- Sometimes traffic consumption is not counted correctly.
- By default, anonymous statistic transmission is active in program settings.
My Data Manager is optimal for limiting traffic because of its flexible settings. In addition, the software is free and does not contain any annoying advertisements. The only concern is the activated option to send anonymous statistics in the settings. Therefore, it is better to deactivate this option beforehand.